Every now and then writers need inspiration. Try these steps if you are in need of ideas.
1. Try going to different websites that offer story ideas or writing prompts. Here are some examples: http://www.creative-writing-now.com/story-starters.html and http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=quickstory. Creative-writing-now.com has a wonderful assortment of story prompts and other writing exercises. Seventhsanctum.com is an interesting site that will actually generate story ideas on command. You can choose to generate one, five or ten different story ideas and then print them out.
2. Try writing from stream of consciousness. This involves writing the first thing that comes to mind and doing so until your ready to stop.
3. Go on Pinterest. This social media tool is filled with inspirational visual material.
4. Take a walk outside. Many writers find inspiration from nature.
5. Have fun with your writing.